PAWS ZONE UPDATE: Drop-off and pickup in line with social distancing requirements
Updated on 12 September 2020:
We ask that if you or a member of your household are unwell or displaying flu-like symptoms, please call us so we may find another way to assist you and your dog. Please stay at home if you are unwell.
We have put in place additional safety measures in the interest of community protection which we ask that you be aware of and comply with:
1. On booking a service, please provide a likely drop-off time. And on drop-off, please relay to us the likely pick-up time. We ask that only one person do the drop-off and pickup.
2. At drop-off, facial covering is required prior to entering and whilst at the Paws Zone reception area. We ask that your dog be put on a leash before being let out of the car for drop-off.
3. A hand sanitiser station is available for our customers to use at the main door and also at the reception area.
4. Please proceed to the reception area if we are not attending to another customer. If there is another customer at the reception, we ask that you kindly wait at the carpark area (if it is raining) or just outside of the main door for your dog’s turn for dropoff or pickup.
5. If the door is locked or that no Paws Zone staff is manning the reception, please call 0472971234.
6. Please practice social distancing by maintaining 1.5m away from others, at all times.
7. To eliminate contact on the EFTPOS machine, we ask that payments be made via bank transfer to our nominated bank account prior or immediately after the service. Payment via PayPal is also available if preferred.
8. For dog grooming service, our dog groomer Andy will be in contact a day prior to get your instructions on what you want to be done on your dog (full groom, summer cut, wash and dry, nail trim, etc.). Upon pickup, please collect and bring your dog to your car. Once that is done, please remain in your car and Andy will call you on your mobile to relay anything that stood out during the grooming process, e.g, excessive matting, lump observed, stinky ears, etc. Andy will also take the opportunity to check if you’re satisfied with the work done. If you require any corrections, we’re happy to remediate the same day or at a later date that is convenient with you.
9. We are grateful for your support. Stay safe and take care.
PAWS ZONE PROMO: Free Puppy Daycare
1. This offer is available for puppies up to 6 months old subject to the dog having a current C5 vaccination. For puppies between 10 and 16 weeks, they must have had their C5 vaccination 8 days prior to admission to dog daycare in compliance with the Code of Practice for the Operation of Animal Boarding Establishments.
2. This offer is only valid for the dog’s first visit for 2 hours. It is conducted every weekday at the following times: 9AM to 11AM, 1PM to 3PM and 3PM to 5PM.
3. Our daily dog daycare charge will be applied if the dog needs to stay longer than the free 2-hour puppy daycare period.
4. This offer is subject to Paws Zone’s General Terms and Conditions.
5. This offer starts on 11 May 2020. Paws Zone reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
6. Registration will need to be completed prior to the day of the scheduled admission to dog daycare.
7. Available for residents of Victoria only
PAWS ZONE PROMO: Free Doggy Daycare
1. This offer is available for dogs based in Victoria subject to the dog having a current C5 vaccination. The dog must have had their C5 vaccination 8 days prior to admission to dog daycare in compliance with the Code of Practice for the Operation of Animal Boarding Establishments.
2. Just like our free puppy dog daycare promo, this offer is only valid for the dog’s first visit for 2 hours. It is conducted every weekday at the following times: 9AM to 11AM & 1PM to 3PM.
3. Our daily dog daycare charge will be applied if the dog needs to stay longer than the free 2-hour doggy daycare period.
4. This offer is subject to Paws Zone’s General Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to refuse service to any dog or person who is deemed dangerous or may threaten the safety of our staff and our customers (dogs and their pet parents).
5. Registration will need to be completed prior to the day of the scheduled admission to dog daycare.
PAWS ZONE PROMO: 20% Discount for Costco Members
1. This 20% discount offer is available for households with an active Costco membership and is limited to the dog’s first visit or service. The discount is not extended to products available in the Paws Zone store. In the case of dog boarding, the discount is applicable only on the first 24 hours.
2. This offer is subject to Paws Zone’s General Terms and Conditions.
3. Paws Zone reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
4. Registration will need to be completed prior to the day of the scheduled service.
5. In the case of multiple dogs in a household, each of the dogs can claim the offer.
6. It is a requirement that a scanned (or photographed) copy of the Costco membership card is sent to Paws Zone prior to the first service.
7. Available to Victorian residents only.
8. This promo is not valid in conjunction with any other Paws Zone promotion.
DOG DAYCARE: I want my dog to go to Paws Zone's dog daycare trial. How much does it cost?
And it is FREE!
DOG DAYCARE: Do I have to stay during the 2-hour dog daycare trial?
There is no need for you to stay during the dog daycare trial. Upon drop-off, we will walk you through the process that we undertake to assess your dog during the dog daycare trial. We will advise you of the pickup time. Upon pickup, we will be relaying to you the results of the assessment. When the dog passes the assessment, you can book straight away Paws Zone’s dog daycare and dog boarding services.
DOG DAYCARE: How long is a half-day dog daycare stay?
At Paws Zone, it is any stay of 4-hours or less.
DOG DAYCARE: Do you provide updates during my dog's daycare stay?
DOG DAYCARE: Do small dogs stay and play with large dogs in your dog daycare or dog boarding service?
So yes, we do place small dogs with the large dogs in the same area for play and rest. All plays and rest times are supervised as safety of all the dogs in our care and our staff is our top priority. To ensure utmost comfort for our dogs, we keep dogs with their regular group to provide consistency and familiarity. It is balanced by the introduction of new friends to the group to improve the dog’s confidence and social behaviour.
DOG DAYCARE: I do need to book my dog for dog daycare today as I need to attend to a family emergency. Are you able to accommodate my dog even without my dog attending the dog daycare trial?
We do still need to uphold our goal of safety and security being our top priority for dogs that have been put under our care and supervision, as well as the safety of our team. It is a requirement for a dog to pass the Paws Zone temperament test, which is part of the dog daycare trial, before being admitted to a paid dog daycare or dog boarding service.
To accommodate an emergency booking for dog daycare or dog boarding service when the dog has not completed the Paws Zone temperament test, we will accept the request and do the test on the day of the booked service. When the dog passes the test, the dog may continue to stay at Paws Zone for the duration of the service booked. If the dog fails the test, the dog will need to be collected immediately (the paid service will be refunded accordingly).
DOG DAYCARE: Do you feed the dogs attending dog daycare?
A dog staying for dog boarding is fed main meals as per instructions from their pet parents.
DOG BOARDING: Can we visit the facilities at Paws Zone?
DOG BOARDING: Do you require a minimum number of nights for my dog to stay for boarding?
At Paws Zone, we don’t require a minimum number of nights’ stay. We’ll accommodate even a night’s stay. We do require that the dog pass the temperament test (included in the dog daycare trial) and that you advise us of your dog boarding needs at least 48 hours prior.
DOG BOARDING: I need dog boarding service for my dog. Is there someone onsite with the dogs overnight?
DOG BOARDING: How do I get updates on my dog's stay at Paws Zone?
In addition to this, we will send direct messages to you via Facebook messenger containing photos and videos of your dog during his stay. We just ask that you send us a message via the Paws Zone Facebook page so we can start the interaction. An alternative is we send the updates via e-mail or SMS, whichever you prefer.
DOG BOARDING: My dog requires medication to be given during his stay. Do you charge extra for that?
DOG GROOMING: I have booked my dog for dog grooming service only. Do I still need to fill up the registration form?
Paws Zone is an open, cage-free dog daycare, dog boarding and dog grooming centre. The information we request to be provided on the registration form will allow for us to have a reference on your dog’s health, diet, history and behaviour so we are in the best position to provide your dog the utmost care. You can fill in your details through the Paws Zone Registration Form.
DOG GROOMING: Is my dog required to attend dog daycare trial to have him groomed?
No, it is not required for dog grooming service. We do recommend the free dog daycare trial in case you need your dog to go to Paws Zone for dog daycare or dog boarding service in the future.